Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Virgin Post

I just finished writing my blog description and I'm wondering if I should have saved most of the description for this first post.... I have carried the idea of starting a blog for quite sometime now. I must admit that now that I've started, I'm really looking forward to unloading some of the stories I've been building in my head. This also comes with a certain apprehension of what you will all think when you read these stories. Like being an adolescent and of the age that you are finally aware that other people are judging what you do. How is this going to sound to other people? Are they going to see the same humour in this that I do? Is it going to change anyone's opinion of me for the worse? I can honestly say that over the past few years I have come to care less and less what other people think of me. This is a revelation for someone who has always been somewhat driven by public opinion. I've never really been afraid to go against the grain or make a spectacle of myself but have always had one eye on the sidelines for the reaction. I think I've finally come to believe completely in my loved ones around me that they will continue to love and admire me for who I am. Thus the lack of fear to put this out there for you all to read.

You can be certain that the stories to come will not necessarily follow chronological order. And they may not be proof read as carefully as they should. Interruptions are another certainty; I have had to walk away from this post several times already to break up fights, answer the phone, stop my youngest from standing on a stool with a sucker in his mouth...you get the idea. My plan is that this blog will be accomplished mostly while I am in camp. It is sure to kill a few hours of boredom during fog days and between logging cycles. My thoughts will certainly follow the winds of how I'm feeling at the time of writing.

The time has come to tap the "publish post" button... We're heading out to go for a family bike ride. I'm sure I could write a complete post on that subject but for now, I'm going to go enjoy myself and enjoy a father's pride in watching my children relish in the freedom that comes with being 6 and 4 and powering your own vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment